The mountains of Rwanda are home to the mighty Silverback Gorilla. Nestled in the cradle of Volcanoes National Park, the species has flourished. This is your chance to experience their beauty at a safe distance and see them in their native habitat. Each night you’ll stay in the luxurious Gorilla’s Nest Lodge and learn about the history of the area.
- Arrival at Kigali International Airport where you will be welcomed and greeted by our representative, who will transfer you to Musanze/Volcanoes | 2.5 hours
- Overnight: Gorilla’s Nest Lodge
- Meals included: D
- After breakfast you will report at the ORTPN headquarters at 7:00AM, where your driver/guide will help you accomplish the necessary formalities to see the gorillas
- You will meet your ranger guide(s) for a briefing about the greatest animal experience ever, then we will drive you to the slopes of one of the Virunga volcanoes for your trekking
- In the afternoon visit the the famous twin lakes: Burera and Ruhondo
Overnight: Gorilla’s Nest Lodge
- Meals included: B/D
- This will be your second day of gorilla tracking
- You will meet your ranger guide(s) for a briefing, then we will drive you to the slopes of one of the Virunga volcanoes for your trekking
- In the afternoon visit Iby’Iwacu community village to be entertained by local communities before driving back to Kigali
- Overnight: Kigali Serena Hotel
- Meals included: B/D
- After your breakfast, start the Kigali city tour
- Discover its pre-colonial, colonial, post-Colonial eras, i.e. independence, genocide period and current developments
- See Richard Kandt’s Natural History Museum, Kigali Genocide Memorial, and more
- The tour highlights some of the hideous moments the country has passed through and great strides made since
- Domestic flight included
- Meals included: B
HUMAN OUTREACH PROJECT
One of World Wide Trekking’s founding principles is giving back to the places we travel. Through our sister non-profit, Human Outreach Project, we are making a difference in lives around the globe, and connecting trekkers with voluntourism opportunities in local communities.
Although we don’t have projects in this part of the world, there are always opportunities to get involved and find a meaningful way to engage with the local community. We would love to talk to you about custom voluntourism and humanitarian opportunities that you can incorporate into your WWTrek trip. The find out more, go to HumanOutreachProject.org or contact us.