Adventure through the epic scenery of Southern Utah on this journey through three of the nation’s most stunning National Parks. Guests will immediately feel transported to a faraway land as we drive south. Begin with a visit to the San Rafael Swell on our way to Capitol Reef National Park, with its rich history and towering sandstone cliffs. Each day varies and offers some of the most breathtaking photo opportunities on Earth. Continuing on, they will visit Bryce Canyon National Park, and hike among otherworldly rock formations. Our route then takes us through Grand Staircase Escalante-National Monument, on one of the nation’s best scenic byways. Finish off the incredible trip at Zion National Park, known for its extraordinary hikes and scenery. An active journey, guests will adventure daily, truly giving them a chance to experience the best that Southern Utah has to offer. Hiking, exploring slot canyons, and viewing Indian art will appeal to a wide range of guests.
Experience 3 National Parks and Goblin Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument.
Hiking, slot canyons, Native American art, and more await guests on this adventure
- Arrive to Salt Lake City Int’l Airport (SLC)
- Scenic drive to the San Rafael Swell, one of the nation’s most stunning geographical wonders
- Hike Little Wild Horse (slot canyons) and visit Goblin Valley State Park
- Scenic drive to Capitol Reef National Park where our hotel awaits
- Overnight: Capitol Reef Resort or comparable
- Meals included: Welcome Reception Dinner
- After breakfast we will hike Grand Wash to Cassidy Arch
- Enjoy a picnic lunch
- Stop at Visitor’s Center in Capitol Reef National Park
- Scenic drive towards Bryce Canyon National Park
- Drive through and stop in Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument
- Overnight: Stone Canyon Inn or comparable
- Meals Included: B/L/D
- Awake early and drive into Bryce Canyon National Park
- Follow the winding Fairyland Loop Trail among soaring hoodoo formations
- Scenic Drive to Zion National Park
- Overnight: Cliffrose Lodge or comparable
- Meals Included: B/L/D
- Explore Zion National Park
- Enjoy a scenic hike to the Lower and Middle Emerald Pools
- Travel to Las Vegas Int’l Airport for departures
- Meals included: B/L
- Transportation by private vans, buses, and planes throughout
- Baggage handling throughout adventure
- WWTrek Lead Professional Guide(s)
- All services, tours, hikes, and excursion fees described in the itinerary
- National Park and State park entry fees
- 4 nights lodging
- All meals included during scheduled itinerary
- Pre-trip planning, customization, and consultation
- Interactive gear list
- Fitness and Nutrition 6-week plan
- International and domestic airfare other than as described in itinerary
- Passport and visa fees
- Immunization costs
- Travel and medical insurance
- Personal trekking gear
- Optional excursions or deviations from the scheduled tour
- Meals or bottled beverages other than those specified in the itinerary
- Excess baggage charges
- Items of a personal nature: laundry, soft drinks, incidentals, etc.
- Expenses incurred due to circumstances outside of WWTrek’s control
- Gratuities for guides
HUMAN OUTREACH PROJECT IN THE USA
One of World Wide Trekking’s founding principles is giving back to the places we operate. Through our sister non-profit, Human Outreach Project, we are making a difference in lives around the globe and close to home in Utah. With our office and home base in Utah, we are working on a number of local projects that guests can get involved with.
HOP is proud to support 30 local veterans and their families with deliveries of food and gift cards during the holiday season through our Veterans Outreach Program. Our newest local program, HOP Outdoors, runs summer hiking trips in Utah’s Wasatch Mountains to give underserved local children the chance to get outdoors and build a healthy connection with nature.
March – October (May and September being the best)
Arrive at Salt Lake City Int’l Airport (SLC) and departs from Vegas at the McCarran Int’l Airport (LAS)
Our travel expert, Danny Genung at Harr Travel is more than happy to review the many flight options. You can reach him at email@example.com or 909.266.0117.
The benefit of using a travel agent is that in the event of itinerary changes, the travel agent will find the best flight connections, and land arrangements, for you. Though third-party travel websites are convenient, we do not recommend using them due to instability in the itineraries. We also recommend that you protect your flight with travel insurance and a refundable ticket.
For us, it’s all about the details because the fine points make the difference. After each days adventure, return to the luxury accommodations we have chosen and enjoy stunning views while you relax and rejuvenate.
Our stringent commitment to safety means you have access to our medically certified guides before and throughout your trip. Our staff also carries emergency medical equipment such as satellite phones and medical kits.
We recommend purchasing travel insurance, which will protect you in the event of an unanticipated cancellation of your trip, and depending on the plan you choose, can refund all the costs already paid (including flights, trip costs, and your payment to us). Please note: you must purchase this plan within 14 days of your deposit payment. There are three plans that we recommend choosing from: Cavalry, Rip Cord or Harbor. Please send us a copy of your plan if you choose to purchase one.
World Wide Trekking boasts an extensive support crew for all of our groups ranging from 8 to 12 people. At headquarters in Salt Lake City, our staff is dedicated to helping you every step of the way. If you’re planning your trip and have questions about which boots to buy, our adventure specialist is just a phone call away.
In many parts of the world, gratuities are given in appreciation for a job well done. Our guides will take care of tipping service personnel along the way so that you don’t have to think about it.
For any additional services outside of our itinerary, plan to tip 10% (transport, restaurants, baggage, lodges, etc). We will provide you a tipping guide once you sign up for a trip.
At the trails end you will have the opportunity to contribute to a group tipping pool that will be presented to your WWTrekking guides and trekking staff as we say our goodbyes.
Mountain Time Zone – UTC-07:00
Salt Lake City
Utah, where the Rocky Mountains, Great Basin, and Colorado Plateau converge, boasts extremely diverse and stunning geography. Although most of this western state experiences a semi-arid or desert climate, the many mountain ranges offer a large variety of additional climates. From high alpine forest filled to vast deserts filled with humbling sandstone towers, walls, and arches, Utah’s landscapes are numerous and awe-inspiring. Utah is home to 5 National Parks, 4 national monuments, and 4 state parks. The capitol of Utah, Salt Lake City, gets its namesake from the Great Salt Lake which is the largest salt water lake in the Western Hemisphere with a salinity far saltier than seawater.
Salt Lake City, Utah is the world headquarters for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, making Utah the only state in the U.S. that has a majority population belonging to a single church. The industries that make up Utah’s diverse economy include mining, oil and gas development, tourism, agriculture and cattle ranging, salt production, and a quickly growing tech industry. Additionally, there are 6 Native American tribes in Utah today, the Goshute, Navajo, Paiute, Ute, Shoshone, and Uintah and Ouray Tribes.